Having a tea party is a creative way to celebrate a birthday, hold a fundraiser, or connect with friends. Follow these steps to throw a tea party for any occasion.
- TIP: Preheat your tea kettle to keep your tea hot longer.
- Step 1: Display the tea and snacks on a covered table. Include tea sweeteners like milk, sugar, and honey.
- Step 2: Begin your party by allowing your guests to serve themselves with their choice of tea and snacks. Join your guests and celebrate or just chat with tea.
- FACT: Tea bags were invented by accident by merchant Thomas Sullivan. He wrapped tea in silk bags and sent them to customers, who put them directly into boiling water.
- Step 3: Prepare the tea for your party by boiling water and adding tea bags. Allow one tea bag for each two cups of tea.
- Step 4: Set your table with teacups, saucers, and napkins. Use a nice tablecloth to add to the elegance of a tea party.
- TIP: Send your invitations at least two weeks before your party so your guests have enough notice.
- Step 5: Prepare snacks on the day of your tea party. Tea parties are usually set in between meals, so serve light foods.
- TIP: Include healthy alternatives like vegetables and fruit for dieters.
- Step 6: Invite your guests with invitations and include the time and date of your party. Be sure to designate whether your party will be based on a theme.