Las Vegas isn't just famous for gambling -- it's also the hottest spot in the world for elopements. Celebrate your nuptials in Sin City with these tips.
- Step 1: If you are going to go to Vegas to get married you should enjoy the benefits that come with a visit to the city. Hire an Elvis impersonator, or paint the town red for your reception. Have fun!
- FACT: Frank Sinatra married Mia Farrow in Las Vegas in 1966 at The Sands. They divorced in 1968.
- Step 2: Read up on the law of Vegas. You will need to get a marriage license and pay a fee.
- Step 3: Give guests time to arrange flights and hotel rooms, if you want guests. Most chapels offer witnesses to sign your marriage license.
- Step 4: Look at the calendar when picking a wedding date. The summers in Las Vegas are brutally hot, and winter nights can be very cold -- plan accordingly.
- TIP: Valentine's Day and New Year's are popular holidays to have weddings in Vegas. Remember that in your plans.
- Step 5: Decide on a chapel to have your ceremony. There are many chapels in Las Vegas and each of them has its own unique quirks. Do your research.