Don't worry, be happy! Take this advice to heart and start living your life with gusto.
- Step 1: Look for work that you find meaningful. Develop hobbies to uncover various parts of yourself. Take time to explore new people, travel, literature, and music.
- Step 2: Make a plan to follow your passions and make your goals reality. Next, act on your plan and create your own roadmap to a life well lived.
- FACT: Bobby McFerrin's song, "Don't Worry, Be Happy" won the Grammy for Best Song in 1988.
- TIP: Review your relationships and eliminate or change any that include negative or destructive behavior.
- Step 3: Visualize what you want to happen rather than worrying about what you don't want to happen. Aim for enthusiasm and a positive outlook. Be aware of opportunities and make your own way.
- TIP: Take brief meditative breaks in a serene setting each day, especially when stressed, to remind yourself of the big picture.
- Step 4: Organize your home and office to get rid of clutter and reinvigorate your mental energy. You'll be surprised by how much more clearly you can think and how much more you can accomplish when your surroundings are in order.
- Step 5: Keep a journal as an outlet for your thoughts, plans, and ideas. Review your journal from time to time to savor your memories and keep track of the good things that fill your life.
- Step 6: Give yourself permission to stop and smell the roses. Set aside work and responsibilities and indulge yourself in soul-recharging pleasure pursuits and recreation on a regular basis.