Help your cat lose weight with a few changes and a lot of love.
- Step 1: Replace treats with praise and love.
- TIP: Give them catnip as a non-food treat.
- Step 2: Weigh your cat every four to six weeks to keep track of their progress.
- FACT: Catnip is a perennial that is part of the mint family; it grows wild throughout North America.
- Step 3: Say "no" to table scraps. Put your cat in a separate room when you are eating.
- Step 4: Use a small food bowl and feed your cat two to four small portions daily.
- Step 5: Give them plenty of exercise by supplying them with interactive toys.
- Step 6: Provide them with a diet that is low in carbohydrates and high in protein and fat.
- TIP: Most dry cat food contains food coloring, sugar, and is low in protein.
- Step 7: Visit your veterinarian for a thorough exam to rule out a metabolic disorder.