Don’t let your face give you away: These makeup tips will disguise the effects of last night’s booze fest.
- TIP: Open your eyes up even more by lining the inside bottom lids with a white or navy pencil.
- Step 1: Put on a bright, moisturizing lipstick to detract attention from tired eyes, and get to bed early so you can look refreshed the next day without any beauty tricks.
- FACT: The word hangover was first used in 1894 to describe the letdown that comes following great excitement or excess.
- Step 2: Curl your eyelashes and apply two coats of black mascara; this beauty trick hides a hangover by feigning a wide-awake appearance.
- TIP: Keep concealer on hand throughout the day for touch-ups.
- Step 3: Pop a tray of ice cubes into a sink of cold water and splash your face with it to hide a hangover; this beauty trick temporarily tightens pores.
- Step 4: Apply a tinted moisturizer to even out skin tone, give your face a little color, and re-hydrate your skin.
- Step 5: Dab concealer under your eyes and on their inner corners; under your brow bones; and around your nostrils to hide a hangover.
- Step 6: Take ibuprofen or aspirin, even if you don’t have a headache. Over-the-counter anti-inflammatory drugs can help reduce the facial puffiness and redness of your hangover.