Ooh la la! Finding love in France is as easy as un, deux, trois.
- Step 1: Practice saying French words and phrases to demonstrate your interest in your girl's lifestyle. Stress all of your syllables equally, with a slight emphasis on the last full syllable of a phrase – one of the characteristics that most separates the way in which English and French are spoken.
- Step 2: Show your true personality; you're more likely to impress your girl when you act confidently and speak from the heart.
- FACT: In 2009, just under 21 million women between the ages of 15 and 64 lived in France.
- Step 3: Develop an appreciation for fashion; even the French government believes it's particularly important to French culture.
- Step 4: Watch French films, including works of New Wave cinema, which, in the 1950s and '60s, broke with conventional filmmaking techniques to create movies that felt more spontaneous.
- TIP: Take a long walk with your girl after eating; according to popular books, French women walk everywhere.
- Step 5: Read famous French literature, including works of fiction and philosophical texts that helped direct modern political and existential thought.
- Step 6: Study French art and its various movements to understand how the country's tastes have changed over time and what your girl might appreciate now.
- Step 7: Learn to appreciate the intricacies of French cuisine. Study French wines, which vary by region, and French cheeses, which often have important local histories, to show your girl you know where she’s coming from.