Remember when your mom would yell at you for staring at the television playing video games for so long? It turns out playing video games may actually improve your eyesight.
- Step 1: Train by playing your video games a few hours a day. By playing video games, your eyes can learn to see better than they ever have before.
- FACT: In 2009, Activision's _Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2_ sold 4.7 million copies within the first 24 hours of sale.
- Step 2: Sharpen your spatial resolution, which may help you see letters on an eye chart more clearly. Playing video games for a few hours substantially improves your ability to recognize letters in a clutter, making your eyes even stronger.
- Step 3: Use the game to enhance your contrast sensitivity. Contrast sensitivity is the ability to tell the difference between shades of gray. Ophthalmologists use it to measure eyesight.
- Step 4: Select a first-person shooter game. First-person shooters have visually guided gaming action that require the player to be precise at aiming and firing.
- TIP: Try video games like _Call of Duty 2_ or _Unreal Tournament_, which have been used in actual research studies.
- Step 5: Pick a game with plenty of action. Action games require more coordination to be able to play.