Learn tricks and tips to improve your spoken English and you'll soon find new confidence and success in your ability to communicate with others.
- Step 1: Speak to native English speakers as much as you can. Hire a tutor if you can afford one, or place an ad offering an exchange with an English speaker who wants to learn your native language.
- TIP: [Record yourself] Record yourself engaged in conversation in English for two to three minutes, and later use the recording to identify errors and to improve weak areas.
- FACT: The English language evolved from Germanic roots.
- Step 2: Start an English conversation club with others demonstrating commitment to improve their spoken English skills.
- TIP: Sing along to songs you hear on the radio.
- TIP: Repeat words and sentences you hear on TV.
- Step 3: Play your way to speaking better English by engaging friends in playing English board games or card games.
- Step 4: Read something in English daily and watch TV or listen to the radio to improve your vocabulary.
- Step 5: Talk out loud to yourself when you are alone at home, and work on words and phrases you have trouble pronouncing until you feel at ease hearing yourself speak English.