Pooping in a warm tub is common for babies. Keep these tips in mind to help keep your tub poop-free.
- Step 1: Prepare yourself by having a towel nearby in case you have to remove the child suddenly.
- Step 2: Remove the baby from the tub if an accident occurs, then clean the tub. Good luck!
- FACT: A newborn baby can have up to 10 bowel movements a day.
- Step 3: Let them know it's wrong to poop in the tub by removing them as soon as these signs occur.
- Step 4: Watch for facial signs or sounds that may indicate they are getting ready to have a bowel movement.
- Step 5: Wait an hour after feeding before giving the baby a bath.
- TIP: Most babies have a bowel movement after eating.
- Step 6: Pay attention to your baby's bowel movement schedule. Learn their routine and don't bathe them until after they've gone.