Feeling tired, stressed, and unappreciated is no recipe for romance. Use these tips to get the home fires burning again.
- TIP: Give or get a massage from you partner to get things going.
- Step 1: Make a date for sex in advance. It may not sound very romantic, but if you both know it's going down that night, you can spend the whole day looking forward to a great time!
- FACT: A survey found that 58 percent of married women have been in the mood to have sex with their spouse within the past week.
- Step 2: Get in the mood for romance -- even if you're not feeling it -- with positive affirmations. A few examples are "I loved being touched and touching," "I love my body," and "I love sex."
- TIP: Send your partner a sexy or sweet e-mail or text just to let them know you care.
- TIP: No money for a sitter? Arrange to swap services with a similarly stressed friend or neighbor.
- Step 3: Don't talk about the kids when the two of you are out on your own. Focus on each other.
- Step 4: Show your affection for your partner daily. Hug and kiss them goodbye in the morning, hold hands while you're out grocery shopping, or cuddle on the couch at night -- little things add up.
- Step 5: Schedule a regular date night. To help you stick to it, commit a babysitter for that night for the next six months.