You don't want to ask a girl out and have her say no. Here are some subtle clues to tell whether she's interested in you, or you're stuck in the "friend" category.
- Step 1: If you're getting all the right signals, go ahead and ask her out. And don't beat yourself up if she says no. Some girls are just natural-born flirts.
- FACT: Did you know?
When we see someone we like, our brain releases feel-good chemicals like endorphins and dopamine.
- Step 2: Watch her friends. If they step away from her when you approach, she's probably told them to make themselves scarce when you're around.
- Step 3: Notice her personality. Does it change when she's around you, becoming either quieter or bubblier than normal? This is a sign of nervousness, and nervousness is a sign that she has a crush on you.
- TIP: If her nostrils flare, it doesn't necessarily mean she's angry; it can also signal she's attracted to you.
- Step 4: Tell a joke, even a lame one. If she laughs heartily, she's probably smitten.
- Step 5: Check her body language when you speak to her. Signs she's interested include biting or licking her lips, touching her neck or lifting her head so more of her neck is exposed; leaning toward you; playing with her hair; and wiping imaginary dust off your clothes.