No one is perfect and we all make mistakes. Continually grow as a person by embracing mistakes and learning from them.
- Step 1: Admit your errors. Own your mistakes. It will help you learn from them.
- TIP: Do not put blame on others.
- Step 2: Apologize for your mistakes. Accept responsibility and face the consequences of your actions.
- Step 3: Ask for help. Talk to people and get their opinions about how you can improve and avoid repeating mistake again.
- Step 4: Examine the problem. Break down the events that lead to it.
- Step 5: Consider flaws in your character that may have caused you to make the mistake.
- Step 6: Scrutinize your weaknesses and think about how you can strengthen them. Explore different options for doing things differently the next time.
- Step 7: Turn your mistakes into positives. Change your behavior so that you do not repeat destructive behavior.
- FACT: In a tragic case of mistaken identity, the parents of a girl who was killed in a car crash cared for a comatose survivor of the crash for 5 weeks, thinking she was their daughter.