Raising plants indoors requires special arrangements. Here are some tips to make your indoor garden grow.
- Step 1: Spray the leaves with water mist or sprinkle them with water to remove house dust. Then sit back and enjoy your beautiful indoor garden.
- FACT: Poinsettias and azaleas are poisonous houseplants.
- Step 2: Place a waterproof saucer under each plant container. Add water to the saucers instead of to the containers. Saucers prevent water from running on to the floor and encourage deep rooting.
- TIP: Tropical plants do best at temperatures that remain between 65 and 85 degrees Fahrenheit -- the temperature range in most homes.
- Step 3: Clean and disinfect the room before you place any plants there. This removes harmful bacteria and other pathogens.
- Step 4: Consider growing plants such as rubber trees, spider plants, and bromeliads that are native to tropical regions.
- Step 5: Find a room that receives bright sunlight. Southern- or eastern-facing windows let the most light in, making them an ideal feature for indoor plants.