Nothing can suck the natural beauty out of hair quite like heat-styling tools. Give your hair a break and let those curls dry naturally.
- Step 1: Finger-curl the hair by taking pieces and twirling them around your finger to form defined locks.
- Step 2: Keep your hands off the hair. After you form the ringlets with your fingers, leave the hair alone. The oil on your hands could turn a head of shiny curls into a mane of wild frizz. Once they dry, show them off!
- FACT: "Curly Locks" is a nursery rhyme written by James Whitcomb Riley.
- TIP: Find products that meet your hair's needs, like ones for coarse hair or ones for short hair.
- Step 3: Condition again. Use a leave-in conditioner to seal the cuticle from extra moisture which will make the hair frizz up. You can use a frizz fighter, also.
- TIP: Limit shampooing to 3 or 4 times per week.
- Step 4: Squeeze out the excess water from your hair when you get out of the shower. Use a towel to squeeze the hair, but do not rub it.
- Step 5: Start your work in the shower. Use shampoos and conditioners that moisturize.