Start getting things done! Make every day count by making a few key changes.
- Step 1: Exercise and generate the endorphins that elevate your mood, excite your senses, and make you more productive. Exercise may also foster self-esteem and confidence.
- Step 2: Maintain a sense of purpose -– of feeling like you are here for a reason. Write down what you want in life, make a plan, and set out after the life you intend, following your dreams and accomplishing something lasting.
- FACT: Data from the Australian Longitudinal Study of Aging summarized in the Journal of Epidemiology and Community Health in 2005 found that older adults with the strongest network of friends were 22 percent less likely to die during the 10-year-study.
- Step 3: Fake the optimistic attitude you want until it becomes true. Researchers suggest actions can change our emotional reality. It is what you decide it is.
- TIP: Planning a weekly family activity is a great way to find more time to spend with them.
- Step 4: Savor each moment to live the happiness in your life rather than just imagine it. Appreciate your gifts and let the resentments go.
- Step 5: Make time for loved ones instead of allowing your workaholic habits to rob you and your family of precious time. Be more effective in prioritizing your day -- your kids are watching and learning from you how to someday balance their own commitments.
- Step 6: Be grateful and kind. Modeling loving behavior toward others has been proven to create a desire in others to emulate and repeat our good deeds.