Join the growing simplicity movement to discover how to create a lifestyle with deeper meaning, less stress, and greater personal fulfillment.
- TIP: Declutter large items first to simplify your life quickly.
- Step 1: Sell your car to reduce expenses and maintenance, and instead use public transportation, bike, or walk to enjoy the benefit of exercise.
- Step 2: Control use of electronics by disconnecting them at night. Make use of voice mail, and instead of being a slave to electronics, schedule time for communication at your convenience.
- Step 3: Eat raw seasonal foods you purchase weekly to reduce shopping and cooking time. Now, watch your life blossom with new richness and meaning as you choose to live simply.
- FACT: Henry David Thoreau's _Walden_ has been the literary manual for simple living since it was first published in 1854.
- TIP: Hire a housekeeping service if possible.
- Step 4: Downsize housing to save money, to make maintenance more simple, and to save time for investing in key relationships and rewarding activities.
- Step 5: Plan to eliminate excesses in your life one step at a time to achieve simplicity without adding additional stress.
- Step 6: Manage finances to reduce stress by eliminating debt, scheduling online bill payment, limiting your buying habits, and developing a budget which better supports your goal to live a simple life.
- Step 7: Declutter your home and office environment by donating extra clothes, gadgets, books, and anything you no longer use.
- TIP: Declutter your home one room at a time.
- Step 8: Identify what things are truly essential to you, how much stuff you need to exist, and which people are most important to your life.