Exercising with a baby can be productive and fun. Coupled with slight dietary modifications, it’s a fast, healthy way to lose that baby fat.
- Step 1: Get plenty of rest. Nap when the baby naps, even if it means letting go of the urge to keep the house as neat and orderly as you used to.
- TIP: Sleep deprivation can increase the urge to eat the wrong foods and interferes with metabolism.
- Step 2: Find other moms to network with and support each other in diet and exercise. Use the internet to email, blog, establish a web site, and set up meetings when possible.
- FACT: Did you know? According to the Surgeon General, 30 minutes of stroller pushing can burn as much as 150 calories. Walking up and down the stairs for 15 minutes will do the same.
- TIP: Eat lean protein, fresh fruits and vegetables, and stick with whole grains to increase your metabolism and help you lose weight faster.
- Step 3: Avoid high-fat and high-calorie foods such as chips, sodas, and other junk foods.
- Step 4: Get exercise by walking as much as possible. Take the baby for walks and take stairs instead of elevators.
- Step 5: Breastfeed your baby if possible. Breastfeeding burns as much as 600 to 800 calories a day while increasing your metabolism.
- Step 6: Lift hand weights at home while baby is napping. Try using your baby as a weight. Hold your baby to your chest for lunges, or lunge behind the stroller when walking.
- : Always consult a physician before attempting to do any exercise or exercise plan.