Listen to the soothing sounds of rushing water in your backyard and complement your landscape.
- TIP: For safety, hire a licensed electrician to install the electric components.
- Step 1: Add water to your pond and waterfall. Don’t forget a dechlorinating agent for your ecosystem. Put in plants and, once the ecosystem is established, add fish and relax by your own little oasis.
- FACT: The world’s highest waterfall is Angel Falls in Venezuela, with a drop of 3,212 feet.
- Step 2: Set up the pumps, filter, skimmer, and lighting for the water feature. Then pile rocks and gravel, slowly building up height.
- Step 3: Dig out your pond area, keeping the excess soil for landscaping use. Cover the pond area with sand, rake it smooth, and carefully place the liner over the exposed area.
- Step 4: Select the location in your backyard. It should be partially shaded, with not much direct sunlight.
- TIP: Call the gas and electric companies before you dig. Also check with your local building department to find out if permits are needed.
- Step 5: Research your options to determine what type of waterfall will best fit the scale of your yard. Look at photos and visit garden centers to see the possibilities.