If those thousands of family photos just seem to pile up, this guide will add interest by turning them into a digital work of art.
- TIP: Use the photo editing software's preloaded filters to give pictures some pizzazz.
- Step 1: Save your collage as a single image and then print it out and frame it, or give it to a someone special as a gift on a CD.
- FACT: The Hubble Telescope has the ability to take pictures in the ultraviolet and infrared spectrum which the human eye cannot see.
- Step 2: Layer the photos on your digital canvas either vertically, horizontally, or at different angles. Try using the photos as tiles to make a mosaic of a specific image if you're more advanced at using the software.
- Step 3: Fix the lighting, color, and any red eyes in each photo to get the most from your collage and to add a touch of professionalism.
- Step 4: Organize your photos by holiday, event, or even around a person and create a separate folder for each category for easy access.
- Step 5: Locate photo editing software on your computer, or search online for a free download.
- Step 6: Transfer your family photos to your computer by either using a scanner or your digital camera's memory card.