Let your beloved know how you feel by presenting them with this decorative Valentine token.
- Step 1: Glue each end of a piece of decorative cord to the top of the lid, just inside near the lace trim, to create a handle.
- Step 2: Write a romantic note and place it in the canister. Or hide a special piece of jewelry inside the romantic packaging to give to your beloved.
- FACT: In 2009, about 110 million roses were sold during the 3-day Valentine's Day period.
- Step 3: Wrap the canister lid with a small piece of lace and affix with a few drops of glue. Glue a tassel to the front center of the canister. Embellish with a small red rose or silk heart applied just above the tassel.
- TIP: The keepsake makes an ideal Mother's Day gift as well.
- Step 4: Separate the lid from the bottom of the canister. Use scissors to cut a small piece of red ribbon to wrap around the outside of the film canister. Secure the ribbon to the canister with a few drops of hot glue.
- TIP: Affix a small piece of tulle to the center of the canister lid for extra flounce.
- Step 5: Cover the canister with a piece of lace. Secure the lace to the top outside edge of the canister with glue, extending it at least a half inch above the top of the canister. Close the lace seam with a few drops of glue.
- Step 6: Wash the canister with soap and warm water before using it as a craft.