If you have children at home who love to help in the kitchen, follow these steps to make them feel they are part of the action.
- TIP: Cut off any excess paper at the top of the hat.
- Step 1: Remove the paper clips and turn the hat right side out. Glue the ends of the band to fit the child.
- Step 2: Fluff your new chef's hat and enjoy.
- FACT: The chef's hat is believed to have originated during Henry the Eighth's reign, when the king found a hair in his food, beheaded the person who lost the hair, and ordered the rest of his staff to wear hats.
- Step 3: Collect the tissue paper at the top of the hat and tape the pieces together.
- Step 4: Clip the hat with the tape side out.
- Step 5: Fold three pieces of tissue paper in half the long way, leaving the folded sheets 10 inches by 30 inches.
- Step 6: Gather the short end of one piece of tissue paper and tape it onto the band. Repeat this step with two other sheets.
- TIP: Cover one-third of the band with each piece of paper, leaving one inch on the end, to evenly distribute the sheets.
- Step 7: Wrap the poster board around a child's head where the band will be and cut it to fit. Leave 1 extra inch on one end to seal the ends together.