Make these for the ladies at your next dinner party and watch them swoon.
- Step 1: Lay the paper towel flat in front of you and place your left index finger over the top left edge of the paper towel so that you're pointing down, toward yourself.
- TIP: You can also use just about any napkin or serviette at a bar or restaurant.
- Step 2: Roll the paper towel completely around your index finger one time, moving your middle and other fingers out of the way.
- Step 3: Wrap the paper towel around again for a second, looser roll. This time roll it around your thumb and index finger. Wrap the paper towel until it forms a tube.
- Step 4: Pinch the tube tightly with your right index finger and thumb where your left index finger ends inside the tube. This forms the rose's flower.
- Step 5: Twist the inch of the paper tube below the flower tightly in the same direction as the original roll to begin forming the stem.
- Step 6: Twist the paper towel tightly, halfway down the tube, to finish the stem.
- Step 7: Pinch a 1- or 2-inch section of the loose edge of the tube at the bottom of the twisted stem and pull it out and up to make a leaf. Then continue to twist tightly underneath it to finish the stem.
- Step 8: Pull out and fluff up the layers of the flower.
- FACT: The Tournament of Roses parade in Pasadena, California, has included ostrich races, bronco-busting demonstrations and a race between a camel and an elephant.