Celebrate the rebirth of nature with a colorful spring wreath. When placed on your front door, this vibrant accessory will welcome all who enter your home.
- Step 1: Attach the flowers. Cut the plastic stems and twist floral wire around them to secure the bloom to the wreath. Using hot glue for added stability.
- Step 2: Add a portion of wire hanger or a twist tie to the back of the wreath to form a hanger. Then hang your new wreath on your door and usher in the spring.
- FACT: The first Faberge Easter egg was commissioned by Russian Czar Alexander III for his wife in 1885.
- TIP: Personalize your wreath by adding small, colorful accessories, such as Easter eggs, chicks, or butterflies.
- Step 3: Wrap your wreath in a ribbon. Tie the ends completely or let some ribbon cascade down, and secure the ends behind the wreath with a hot glue gun.
- Step 4: Choose a monochromatic or complementary color scheme. Select a variety of bloom sizes and shapes that match your color choice – roses, hydrangea, ivy, larkspur, daisies, and forsythia all work well.
- TIP: Artificial and dried flowers are available at your local craft store. But don’t overlook the dollar store, or even your backyard, for inexpensive alternatives, such as pussy willow branches.
- Step 5: Visit your local craft store and select either a grapevine or straw wreath. Pick a size that suits your front door but doesn’t overpower it.