Make a terrarium and have beautiful indoor landscaping all year long.
- TIP: Remove any yellowing leaves or dead flowers with small scissors before planting.
- Step 1: Add decorative rocks and figurines. Water when necessary and enjoy your indoor landscaping!
- FACT: Landscaping firms employ more than half a million people in the U.S.
- Step 2: Dig small holes for the roots of your plants. Place them in the terrarium in an aesthetically pleasing arrangement. Push the soil up around the plants and dampen the soil.
- TIP: Pile the soil higher on one side to allow the plants to be visible from the side.
- Step 3: Wash the fishbowl with hot, soapy water, rinse, and dry it completely.
- TIP: Any clear glass container will work but a fishbowl is best for your first terrarium.
- Step 4: Layer the bottom of the bowl with 1 inch of pebbles for drainage. Add a thin layer of horticultural charcoal to clean the air. Top with three inches of potting soil.
- Step 5: Decide where you are going to place your terrarium. Choose a spot out of direct sunlight.