Do a little magic by making your own simple voodoo doll.
- Step 1: Sew buttons on the head of the doll to represent eyes and a mouth.
- Step 2: Add the 7 pins to the chest of the doll to symbolize success, positivity, power, spirituality, money, love, and repelling negative energy. Use your doll to cast spells of love or as a conversation piece on your desk at work.
- FACT: Born in 1801 and known as the Voodoo Queen, Marie Leveau, was considered one of the most successful yellow fever nurses in New Orleans.
- TIP: The yarn is for contrast so it does not need to cover the entire doll.
- Step 3: Wrap yarn around the body and arms of the doll to contrast the fabric strips.
- Step 4: Wrap moss around the sticks in a thick covering, as tightly as possible, starting where the sticks are crossed. Leave a small portion of the ends of the shorter stick uncovered to represent hands.
- TIP: If the moss is too loose and will not stay in place, wrap twine around the moss to hold it in place.
- Step 5: Wrap the fabric strips around the doll to cover the moss. Leave moss showing at the very ends of the sticks and secure the strips into place with craft glue.
- Step 6: Cross the sticks in a lowercase t-shape and lash them together using twine or hemp cord.