Make a 100 percent edible spaghetti monster for a fun-to-eat snack.
- Step 1: Select 2 curled noodles to serve as eye stalks. Dip the noodles in the glue, set the eyes, and place them on parchment paper to dry. Since the glue takes time to set, if you try to secure the eyes in the monster right away, they'll fall.
- Step 2: Thoroughly coat a handful of noodles with the glue. Design them however you want to create your own monster. Include a couple of chocolate puffed rice cereal balls to serve as meatballs.
- Step 3: Insert the eye stalks into your monster as the glue sets and you have an entirely edible, entirely gross, flying spaghetti monster.
- FACT: The Flying Spaghetti Monster is the deity of the parody religion, The Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster, created in 2005 by Oregon State physics student, Bobby Henderson, to protest the teaching of intelligent design in public schools.
- Step 4: Make glue to hold your spaghetti monster together by melting the butter in a saucepan over low heat, and then stirring in the marshmallows until they're completely melted.
- TIP: Be careful not to press too hard and shatter the milk ball.
- TIP: Gelatin capsules are available in many colors at health food stores and in the dietary supplement section of many grocery stores.
- Step 5: Use round sprinkles or other round, colorful cake decorations for the pupils. Avoid the flat, confetti-type sprinkles, as they tend to stick -- keeping the eyes from being properly googly.
- Step 6: Cut a malted milk ball in half with a chef's knife to use as the whites of the monster's eyes. Press the open end of a capsule segment into the center of the malted milk to make an indentation, place a sprinkle into each dome, and then firmly press the dome into the indentation.
- Step 7: Construct googly eyes by cutting down the length of each half of the gelatin capsule until you get to 1/4 of an inch from the domed part with your scissors. Then turn the scissors and cut around the capsule perpendicular to the cut and cut around it. If you try to cut straight across, the capsule will likely break or crease.