A good friend can last a lifetime. Cherish your current friends and always make time for new ones.
- Step 1: Look into different activities or sports that interest you and join them.
- TIP: Join an art, exercise, or music class.
- Step 2: Invest your time in your current and new friends. Help them with homework, listen when needed, and be sure to have fun together.
- FACT: The average Facebook user has 130 friends and sends eight friend requests per month.
- Step 3: Talk positively about others, listen, and offer to help.
- Step 4: Offer a compliment or offer to share school notes or a snack with a potential friend.
- Step 5: Step out of your comfort zone and approach people. Have lunch in the park and ask other people who're eating or other park dwellers if you can join in.
- TIP: Ask if you can join in a game with strangers.
- Step 6: Wear your friendliest smile and take advantage of opportunities to start a conversation.
- Step 7: Observe and decide which people you would like to meet.