Make this rich, creamy, chocolate syrup. Perfect for pouring over desserts.
- Step 1: Serve the chocolate syrup over your favorite ice cream, make a glass of chocolate milk, or pour it into a clean glass jar. The chocolate syrup can be stored in the refrigerator for up to two months. Don't eat it all at once!
- FACT: The blood that washes down the drain in the famous shower scene in Alfred Hitchcock's 1960 film _Psycho_ is actually chocolate sauce.
- Step 2: Add the vanilla and salt, remove the mixture from the heat, and let it cool.
- TIP: You can also add 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract for flavor.
- Step 3: Add the sugar, stir until it dissolves, and bring the mixture to a boil for three minutes over medium heat.
- Step 4: Place the water and cocoa in a small saucepan over low heat and stir until the cocoa dissolves.