If college is stressing you out, or if you’re nervous about going, check out these instructions to make life easier while having the time of your life.
- Step 1: Record syllabus deadlines well in advance in the portable calendar or electronic calendar to keep yourself centered and on top of your tasks.
- TIP: Treat college like a job. Schedule your class times close to each other. Gaps in schedules can create wasted time.
- Step 2: Use your map, and go for walks to familiarize yourself with the campus. You’ll be comfortable with your new surroundings, and it’ll make traveling on campus more efficient.
- Step 3: Get a bike. On most campuses, it’s actually easier to get around on a bike than it is with a car.
- Step 4: Find a place where you can get work done. Most colleges have many workspace options. Try out different ones to find one that works for you.
- TIP: Talk to upperclassmen and ask questions. They are a great resource to help make college easier.
- Step 5: Eat well and exercise. Most campuses have exercise facilities that you can use. Maintaining a healthy diet will help you feel good, promote concentration in class, and give you stamina to study for long periods.
- Step 6: Exercise personal discipline. Learn to go out only when your work is done. It’s important to have fun, but remember that the reason you’re there is to learn.
- FACT: U.S. workers with a bachelor’s degree earn over $20,000 more than those with just a high school diploma.