Grandparents love to receive handmade craft items from their grandchildren. You can make your gift special by constructing it yourself.
- Step 1: Make a silhouette. Cut around your face in a profile photo and glue the image to a dark-colored card, face down. Place a frame around the picture, and watch your grandparents' faces light up.
- FACT: There are an estimated 70 million grandparents in the United States.
- Step 2: Make a family tree. Create a brown hand print on heavy weight white glossy paper using finger paints. The print will represent the trunk of the tree, with your fingers serving as the branches. Paint green leaves, and then place the names of everyone in your family in the tree.
- TIP: Grandparents Day falls in September, just in time for autumn leaves.
- Step 3: Frame yourself in autumn leaves. Place your photograph in the center of a sheet of construction paper. Glue pressed, colorful autumn leaves around your photo.
- Step 4: Make a bookmark. Cut out a bookmark from a sheet of construction paper or card stock, add a Grandparents Day message, and then use crayons to decorate it.