Surprise the guests at your next gathering with these devil's food cake lollipops.
- Step 1: Melt the rest of the chocolate chips, and then dip the cake lollipops into it to coat them with chocolate. Once they're covered, allow the excess chocolate to drip off.
- TIP: Be careful not to knock the cake balls from the sticks when you're removing the excess chocolate.
- Step 2: Stick the free ends of the sticks into a piece of Styrofoam and allow the chocolate to dry. Then hand out your adorable cake lollipops to guests at your next get-together.
- FACT: Substances in chocolate trigger mood-enhancing chemicals in the brain to create feelings of giddiness, attraction, euphoria, and excitement.
- Step 3: Chill the lollipops in your refrigerator for 4 to 5 hours to let them set, or set them in the freezer for an hour.
- Step 4: Dip the tips of your sticks into the melted chocolate and then stick them into the cake, slightly less than halfway through each ball.
- Step 5: Add the frosting to the bowl and mix it in thoroughly. You can use a spatula or a wooden spoon, or you can mix it with clean hands.
- Step 6: Roll the mixture into quarter-sized balls and place them on a wax paper-covered cookie sheet.
- Step 7: Melt about 4 ounces of the chocolate chips in your microwave according to package directions.
- Step 8: Bake the cake according to the instructions and let it cool completely; then crumble it into a large bowl.