Meeting new people is not an easy task, but the results are worth the effort. Follow this advice to find new people who fit into your life perfectly.
- Step 1: Shift your focus away from yourself and onto others. Go out of your way to do nice things for people, even the ones you do not know very well yet. Many friendships begin with a polite smile or small act of kindness.
- Step 2: Don't be shy. If you meet someone you seem to click with ask them for their phone number or if they would like to get together some time. It may seem awkward at first but you have nothing to lose and everything to gain.
- FACT: As of 2010, more than 500 million people were members of Facebook, and approximately half of them logged onto the site everyday to network with friends.
- TIP: Have everyone wear a name tag or play an icebreaker game that encourages people to talk about themselves and ask questions about others.
- Step 3: Throw a party. Invite neighbors, coworkers, and other acquaintances and have them bring at least one other person.
- Step 4: Surround yourself with people who share your interests. Join a gym or take an art class. Attend classes that meet at regular intervals with repeating students. After a while you are bound to start a conversation with some of them.
- Step 5: Ask your current friends for help. Have them recommend acquaintances who may be interested in finding a new friend also.
- Step 6: Start a blog about finding friends in your city. Take time to read people's profiles on social media sites to see who may have similar interests.