Have your cake and eat it too, even if you have a gluten allergy.
- TIP: After 40 minutes, insert a knife into the center of the cake. If the knife comes out clean, your cake is done.
- Step 1: Cool the cake for 10 minutes and, for a tasty topping, lightly sprinkle the confectioners' sugar on top of the cake.
- FACT: In 2009, the Mayo Clinic discovered that an immune system reaction to gluten called celiac disease is over 4 times more common than it was in 1959.
- Step 2: Pour the batter into the greased pan and bake for 40 minutes.
- Step 3: Add the white sugar, baking powder, melted chocolate, and the vanilla. Blend the ingredients until they are smooth.
- Step 4: Melt the chocolate chips in the microwave for 2 minutes. After the first minute, stir the chips every 20 seconds. Stir the melted chips until they reach a smooth consistency.
- Step 5: Blend the garbanzo beans and the eggs in a blender or a until the mixture is smooth.
- TIP: Garbanzo beans -- also called chickpeas -- are a great source of protein.
- Step 6: Preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Grease a 9-inch round cake pan so your cake doesn't stick to the pan.