Kids growing up on a gluten-free diet won't feel deprived if you recreate the kinds of foods they love using gluten-free ingredients.
- Step 1: Prepare gluten-free blueberry muffins using gluten-free flour. Now that you've got the idea, put on your chef's hat and be creative.
- FACT: A woman who discovered in 2005 that she had celiac disease turned her allergy into a career, writing a food blog and 2 books, as of 2010, under the name "Gluten-Free Girl."
- Step 2: Make gluten-free meat loaf by substituting uncooked certified gluten-fee oats for cracker crumbs.
- Step 3: Prepare banana pudding that even you won't know is gluten-free. Replace the flour in homemade vanilla wafers with a gluten-free flour -- kids will be sure to love it.
- TIP: Check websites and blogs that specialize in posting gluten-free recipes.
- Step 4: Make gluten-free pumpkin pie using a commercial gluten-free pie crust mix.
- Step 5: Prepare gluten-free macaroni and cheese using rice macaroni noodles. So good, kids won't know it's gluten free.