Show your appreciation at your child's birthday party by giving each guest a special gift of their own. Receiving is as good as giving with these great birthday party bags.
- Step 1: Bake sugar cookies and write the name of each guest on a cookie with icing. Bag each cookie in a clear bag and staple it to the party bags.
- Step 2: Hide the party bags in a room or outside. After the party, let each child find the bag marked with their own personalized cookie.
- FACT: The song, "Happy Birthday to You," written by two teachers, sisters Mildred J. Hill and Patty Smith Hill, was copyrighted in 1935 and will continue to be until at least 2030.
- Step 3: Put a thank-you card in each bag. Write a special note, thanking them for sharing this special day with your birthday child.
- Step 4: Add a special gift to the bag your child has helped you pick out. Some great gifts are puzzles, yo-yo's, crayons, cookie cutters, and jump ropes.
- TIP: Be creative and make party bags from brown paper bags at home with your child.
- Step 5: Shop for gifts to put in your goodie bags. Let your child help you choose which gifts they would like to include. Your child knows best what their guests would like.
- Step 6: Fill the bags with birthday party-themed items such as cake mix, frosting, and candles.
- Step 7: Pick out a birthday bag that fits your party theme.