You're preparing for the Quidditch world cup and don't want to look like a muggle -- what's a young wizard to do? Brew some of your own, homemade Hogwarts butterbeer, of course!
- Step 1: Fill the glasses nearly to the top with more cream soda, and then spoon the whipped topping over each. Enjoy your butterbeer while watching a Harry Potter movie or after a rousing game of Quidditch.
- FACT: J. K. Rowling, author of the Harry Potter series, is the first person to become a billionaire in U.S. dollars by writing books.
- TIP: You can try using root beer instead of cream soda for a different -- equally delicious -- flavor.
- Step 2: Divide the remaining brown sugar mixture between four tall glasses. Add 1/4 cup cream soda to each glass and stir to combine.
- Step 3: Stir in the butter, salt, vinegar, and 1/4 cup of the cream, and then set it aside to cool to room temperature. When it has cooled, stir in the rum extract.
- Step 4: Combine 2 tablespoons of the brown sugar mixture and the remaining cream in a large bowl and beat it with an electric mixer until it's just thickened, but not whipped -- two to three minutes.
- Step 5: Combine the brown sugar and water in a saucepan over medium heat. Bring the mixture to a gentle boil and stir constantly until its temperature reads 240 degrees Fahrenheit on your candy thermometer.