Sriracha is a hot sauce created by Huy Fong Foods in Los Angeles. It gives food a spicy kick. Get that spice in your own kitchen by making it yourself.
- Step 1: Let the sauce sit to allow the flavors to marinate. Add to food and feel the burn.
- FACT: Huy Fong is the name of the ship that carried the company's founder, David Tran, to the United States from Vietnam.
- TIP: Put the sauce through a strainer to get rid of any unblended seeds.
- Step 2: After the mixture has cooled, blend it until it's smooth. Add water if it is too thick.
- Step 3: Combine all the peppers, garlic, salt, fish sauce, rice vinegar, and 1/4 cup of water in a pot on the stove. Turn the heat on high. Bring this mixture to a boil and then lower the heat and allow it to simmer for a few minutes, until the chiles get a little soft. Remove the pan from the heat.
- Step 4: Wearing gloves, snip the stems off the cayenne chiles or jalapenos and the Thai chiles. Roughly chop them. Just snip the stems -- don't cut off the whole top of the chile.