Add flare to your next dessert without ever turning on your oven by serving these no-bake ice cream dumplings.
- Step 1: Spoon ice cream into the pocket and then firmly close the press. Once the dumpling is formed, open the press and peel away the plastic wrap.
- Step 2: Press closed any cracks in your dumplings, trim away any excess dough, and freeze the dumplings until you're ready for dessert. Serve your dumplings with chocolate dipping sauce and eat them with chopsticks.
- FACT: The Walt Disney movie classic The Apple Dumpling Gang was released in 1975.
- TIP: You can form the dumplings by hand if you don't have a press.
- Step 3: Peel the plastic wrap away from half of the dough circle, lay the circle over your press, and gently press the center to make a pocket for the ice cream.
- TIP: Don't add any chocolate chips, nuts, or fruit that might change the smooth texture of the dough.
- Step 4: Roll the dough into a log, wrap it in plastic wrap, and refrigerate it until it's firm. Two or three hours should do it.
- Step 5: Slice off a 1/2-inch-thick section from the log, place it between two sheets of plastic wrap, and roll it out until it's just larger than your dumpling press.
- Step 6: Add the flour, salt, butter, brown sugar, white sugar, vanilla extract, and milk to a large bowl and mix until everything's well combined. This creates a no-bake cookie dough for the dumpling shells.