Feed your family with a timeless classic. Make tonight a meatloaf night.
- TIP: Use a meat thermometer to make sure the meatloaf reaches at least 160 degrees.
- Step 1: Remove the meatloaf from the oven, let it rest for 10 minutes, and then slice and serve. Happy eating.
- FACT: The 1977 album, _Bat out of Hell_, by Meat Loaf, is ranked #343 on the _Rolling Stone_ magazine list of the "500 Greatest Albums of All Time."
- Step 2: Baste the loaf with the remaining ketchup. Bake for about 55 minutes.
- Step 3: Place the mixture on the lined baking sheet and form it into a loaf about 9 inches long and 4 to 5 inches wide.
- Step 4: Tear the bread into pieces and pulse it in the food processor until you have fine crumbs. Then transfer the crumbs to a bowl, add the milk, and set it aside for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- TIP: You can substitute 1 cup bread crumbs for the white bread.
- Step 5: Combine the beef, onion, garlic, egg, half of the ketchup, 1 1/2 teaspoons salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper in a large bowl. Add the bread and milk mixture and gently mix everything, being careful not to overmix.
- Step 6: Preheat your oven to 375 degrees and line the baking sheet with aluminum foil.