Look forward to your day at the office by making friends with your coworkers.
- Step 1: Help others in the office by resolving a problem or taking on extra work to lighten the workload of strapped coworkers.
- Step 2: Listen and empathize with coworkers to gain trust and hopefully a lifelong friend.
- Step 3: Ask coworkers to join you for lunch or for a game of golf or a drink after work.
- Step 4: Resolve any disputes quickly after both parties have calmed down.
- TIP: Don't gossip. Getting something off your chest is one thing, but badmouthing your boss or another coworker day after day usually ends with no one feeling they can trust you.
- Step 5: Greet everyone – from the janitor to the CEO – by name and with a smile.
- FACT: Did you know? Anthropologists have suggested that gossip evolved as a method of neutralizing the social dominance of others.