Making paper doll chains is a fun thing to with the family, especially if you have small children who enjoy crafts.
- Step 1: Unfold the paper and see the paper dolls all lined up, connected by holding hands. Trim or color the dolls any way you like.
- FACT: As of 2010, the smallest origami crane in the world was made by Naito Akira of Japan, using plastic film and a microscope.
- TIP: If you're making a girl, shape the lower body like a skirt and include long hair. If you're making a boy, keep the body straight and the hair short.
- Step 2: Cut out half of the shape of a person, cutting along the fold. Start in the bottom corner with the leg, and then, moving upward, the body, the arm, and finally the head.
- Step 3: Fold the piece of paper in half width-wise, making sure the corners meet, and crease again. Then fold it in half again, in the same direction, and make another crease.
- Step 4: Fold the sheet of paper in half lengthwise, and make a firm crease. Cut the paper in half along the crease and set one half aside.