Ditch chips that come in a bag --you can make your own potato chips in just minutes using your microwave oven.
- Step 1: Turn off the rotating option on your microwave, if possible, and cook the chips for 4 to 5 minutes -- until they're golden brown. Cooking time may vary depending on the strength of your oven.
- Step 2: Make a batch of your favorite chip dip, relax on the couch, and enjoy your homemade, microwaved chips.
- FACT: Michigan is the largest producer of potatoes used for potato chips in the United States.
- Step 3: Place the potato slices in a single layer on the parchment paper and spray them with nonstick spray. Then sprinkle them with salt and pepper.
- TIP: Take care to keep your fingers away from sharp edges.
- TIP: If you don't have parchment paper or cooking spray, you can use a microwave-safe glass plate and vegetable oil.
- Step 4: Slice one-third of the potato paper-thin using a mandoline slicer, a vegetable peeler, or a sharp knife.
- Step 5: Cut a piece of parchment paper to fit the floor of your microwave and spray it generously with nonstick cooking spray.