Noodle shops can be found everywhere in Japan. One of the most popular noodle varieties is udon, which is best when made fresh.
- Step 1: Slice the dough into thin strips with the sharp knife.
- Step 2: Boil the noodle strips for 10 minutes. Eat your noodles and enjoy!
- FACT: Did you know? A Japanese company created instant udon noodles fortified with vitamin B1, aimed at improving brain function.
- Step 3: Dust the dough with flour and fold it over itself several times.
- Step 4: Roll the dough out on a flour-dusted board until it is an eighth of an inch thick.
- Step 5: Create a well in the center of the flour and add the salted water gradually. Mix until the dough forms a ball.
- Step 6: Knead the dough for 10 minutes or until it becomes stiff. Cover the dough with a damp cloth and let it stand for several hours.
- Step 7: Dissolve the salt in the water.