Want a little more junk in your trunk? Try these tricks.
- Step 1: Consider cosmetic surgery. Choices include liposculpture -- fat is removed from above and below the buttocks, resulting in a more prominent derriere; a Brazillian butt lift -- fat is taken from one body part – say, your thighs – and used to make your butt bigger; or buttocks implants.
- FACT: Butt implants are more popular in the southeastern U.S. than in any other part of the country.
- TIP: If you're really flat, try panties and jeans with built-in butt padding.
- Step 2: Beware of shape wear, which can steamroll your rear end into a pancake. Look for body shapers that take the butt into account, with less spandex in that area and pockets that help lift and separate the butt cheeks, making your behind look bigger overall.
- Step 3: Choose skirt shapes that make your butt look bigger, like tulip and pannier. Or try a dress with a bustle.
- Step 4: Exercise your glutes, the muscles in your butt: Walk uphill, take the stairs, and do lunges and squats while holding small weights. If you ride a bike, push the pedals with your heels.
- Step 5: Wear pants with back pockets, especially ones that sit high and have flaps, rounded edges, or embroidery. Avoid skintight jeans; they'll flatten your butt even more.