Packaged instant ramen is available all over the world, but making your own fresh noodles is another option.
- Step 1: Fry the noodle strips in oil quickly; then remove them and place them on a paper towel to drain.
- Step 2: Boil the noodles in salted water until they are tender.
- FACT: Did you know? About 100 billion instant noodle meals were consumed in 2005.
- Step 3: Cut the dough into one-eighth-inch strips, and allow them to dry for several hours.
- TIP: Add flour as necessary to keep the dough from sticking to the counter.
- Step 4: Make the flour into a pile, carve a well into the center, and pour the eggs and water into the well. Then gradually combine the ingredients to form the noodle dough.
- Step 5: Knead the dough until it becomes stretchy. Cover it with the damp cloth and let it stand for 30 minutes.
- Step 6: Roll out the dough on a floured counter top until it is one-eighth of an inch thick.
- Step 7: Combine the flour and salt in the mixing bowl.