Make fluffy baked potatoes in the microwave in just a few minutes.
- Step 1: Top it with a dollop of sour cream and serve.
- FACT: In 2007, more than half of the nation's potatoes were produced in Washington state or Idaho.
- Step 2: Split the top of the potato with a knife, add the cheese, and then cook for an additional 30 seconds to 1 minute.
- TIP: Note that if you cook more than one potato at a time, cooking times will be longer.
- Step 3: Place to potato on a microwave-safe dish or paper towel.
- Step 4: Cook for 5 minutes on high. Then flip the potato over and cook it for another 5 to 6 minutes, or until it's soft when you pierce it with a fork.
- Step 5: Clean and dry your potato, and pierce it a few times with a fork.