Using the internet to sell pets online can help you expand your customer base and increase your chances of a successful sale.
- Step 1: Study specific laws governing animal transportation to make sure you can legally and safely transport a pet from your location to the online buyer.
- Step 2: Be prepared to ask the potential buyer questions to verify the pet's new home will be a safe, friendly environment. Complete the sale with confidence that the pet and its new owner are about to embark upon a rewarding relationship.
- FACT: The federal Animal Welfare Act went into effect in 1966 to ensure humane conditions for animals.
- TIP: Keep in mind that companion pet sales in the United States are governed by contract and commercial transaction laws.
- Step 3: Write your advertisement. Include as many details as possible about the pets, such as gender, breed, coloring, age, temperament, and medical record. Post the ad and several photos on your chosen site.
- TIP: Failure to follow rules governing animal sales can result in severe penalties.
- Step 4: Examine reputable websites that offer online pet sales through paid or free ads. Select the site that has the best chance of attracting customers interested in purchasing the type of pet you wish to sell.
- Step 5: Take appealing photos of the pets for sale to accompany an online advertisement.
- Step 6: Visit animallaw.info to become familiar with current laws governing pet sales. The site explains what state and federal rules apply to your potential online pet sales.