The National Memorial Day Parade takes place each year on Memorial Day in Washington D.C. Here are some ways to participate.
- FACT: The National Memorial Day Parade was inaugurated in 2005, nearly 70 years after Washington, D.C.'s last Memorial Day parade.
- Step 1: Contact Music Celebrations International, one of the parades organizers, at musiccelebrations.com if you are a member of a marching band that would like to participate in the parade. Each year, bands from many of the 50 states march in the parade. Now you know your options, so go ahead and sign up for next year's event.
- Step 2: Know that there are opportunities for organizations to help sponsor the parade. Corporate sponsors receive recognition on TV, and many other benefits. Call the American Veterans Center for details.
- Step 3: Call the center if you wish to volunteer to help with parade logistics. Volunteers are sought every year to help in the assembly area, along the parade route, and in the parade's dispersal area near the White House.
- Step 4: Contact the American Veterans Center in Tempe, Arizona if you are a veteran or a member of an organization interested in participating in the National Memorial Day Parade. Each year, hundreds of veterans take part in the parade.