Safety, fuel-efficiency, and storage are just a few features to look for when purchasing a baby-friendly car. Along with this guide, research thoroughly before buying.
- TIP: This feature is great for long car rides and vacations.
- Step 1: Look for a fuel-efficient car. Choosing an alternative energy hybrid will make a difference in your child's future.
- Step 2: Make sure the car will fit your lifestyle now and in the future. Once the car is purchased, get your child's safety seat inspected to make sure it is properly installed.
- FACT: Vehicles with electronic stability control have been found to reduce fatal single-vehicle crashes by 56 percent.
- Step 3: Get a rear-seat DVD entertainment system that will keep your kids occupied with movies, video games, and cartoons.
- Step 4: Choose rear windows that do not allow direct sunlight on the baby's car seat. The sunlight can cause heat-related injuries.
- Step 5: Ensure the car has enough storage space for strollers, diaper bags, and groceries.
- Step 6: Purchase a vehicle with third-row seating. This added feature will seat a family of eight.
- TIP: Surveys show that passenger capacity is an important factor when purchasing a vehicle.
- Step 7: Choose a car with electronic stability control, anti-lock brakes, and side airbags to ensure the safety of your family.