Consider these suggestions when purchasing a baby tub. Don't forget the rubber ducky!
- Step 1: Look for hooks on the back for storing or for drying your tub.
- TIP: Folding tubs are also available for easy storage.
- Step 2: Look for tubs with temperature strips. The strips will indicate if the water is too hot.
- FACT: The temperature of a baby's bath should be between 90 and 100 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Step 3: Choose a tub that is lined with a mildew-resistant pad. This will keep the baby from slipping.
- Step 4: Buy a tub with handles or overhanging rims to make it easier to carry.
- Step 5: Look for thick plastic that will not buckle from the weight of your baby or the water.
- TIP: Make sure there are no rough edges that can scratch you or the baby.
- Step 6: Choose an infant to toddler tub to accommodate a growing baby.
- Step 7: Choose a tub with a plug at the base for easy draining.